Well, here we are....week 40. I have now experienced a full term pregnancy. Had an appointment with the doc earlier today and what kind of progress have we made? None. Still dilated to 1 cm after 3 weeks. Effacement has not changed. Baby has not dropped. Mommy is frustrated. Probably doesn't help that each day I have a dozen people remind me that I "still haven't had that baby yet?!" Like maybe I forgot that's what I'm supposed to be doing? Well, regardless he will be here next week. I'm scheduled to go in for induction on the 10th if he doesn't show up before then. Let's hope he does though because I've heard pitocin magnifies the intensity of contractions and that's just not something I look forward too!
I did manage to be productive with my time and I made myself a nursing dress! Got lots of compliments and a few requests from my other mommy friends that want one too. Sure ladies...I'll whip them up in my upcoming free time! :) Well the lady that invented the Bella Band while she was a stay at home mom is now a multi-millionaire....

Hang in there girl, I'm rooting for you! Like I mentioned on the phone I was in the same boat at my last appointment 4 days before I went into labor. Even after laboring for hours and hours I was only at three, then the water broke and sha-zam, done! HaHa! He will come when he's overcooked and ready. :)
ReplyDeleteSetting the discomfort aside, count these days as the last of an era and enjoy them as you can. There's only one way outta this, and it'll happen as nature intended.
ReplyDelete