Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hello Fall!


I know, I know. Once again I've been tardy with my posts. Dez is keeping me on my toes these days. Here's a brief run down on what has been going on the past month. We went back to Michigan for Kevin and Savanna's wedding. It was a very busy weekend. While we were there Desmond started crawling and cut two teeth (and proceeded to cut another tooth as soon as we returned home...he now has six teeth total, with two more preparing to make their debut). We're slowly figuring out what needs to be baby proofed, it so funny how kids will zero in on the most random and normally unnoticed items once they become contraband. Dez is also doing a lot more "talking" these days, mostly consisting of "ga"s "ba"s and the occasional "da"(which gets Drew really excited :)). My little boy is growing way too fast. I finished emptying his closet of all the clothes that no longer fit him. I have 4 boxes of newborn thru 6 month clothing that he only wore about 40% of. I kept looking at the outfit we brought him home from the hospital in and I can hardly believe he was ever that small!
Becky and Bella Cocina came for a short visit this past week while Frank was in Japan on business. Both mommies enjoyed the much needed extra company and the kids played together very well. Every time we see them I wish we lived closer.
The next few months will bring about more of "baby's firsts": Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. Although we do not have any plans to travel for the holidays (we're STILL trying to return to normalcy after our short weekend in Michigan), we're leaving our doors open and looking forward to any visitors that might make it our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment