I know a lot of people are aware that we are now a cloth diapering household but I just wanted to give a quick shout out to how awesome I think it is! I had originally bought 2 cloth pocket diapers (bumGenius 3.0 one size) to "try out" before Desmond was born. Naturally he kept us so busy that I was never brave enough to actually use them until just recently. When I finally used them I realized that it was a breeze!! I immediately ordered 2 more bumGenius diapers and 2 Fuzzibunz diapers (recommended by Becky!) just to try out some more options before I fully committed. Both brands are great! I love the Fuzzibunz one size diaper for the daytime...they are slimmer fitting and a little softer. The bumGenius are a little bulkier but seem a little more absorbent and the velcro makes for a faster diaper change so we use those at night. Most people I tell usually say "What about poopy diapers? Isn't it gross?" Well...yes, but not any more than a disposable diaper. Simply shake it in the toilet to get rid of any excess and toss in a rinse cycle.
The initial investment in cloth diapers is expensive but well worth not wasting tons of money buying cases of disposables every week (or filling up a landfill with them either). We still supplement with disposables every now and then for traveling/going out or when I forget to do laundry (mainly because we don't have quite as many diapers as I would like yet *hint hint to anyone that asks what we still need* :)) Ok, that's all I have to say about that.
Going in tomorrow for our 4 month check up! And Aunt Meghan will be here tomorrow too!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was thinking about cloth next go around so I will be talking to you if we decide to! Will be looking for updates as Desmond gets older!
ReplyDelete