Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tired...


Things are going well on the home front. Going through a little rough phase at night. Dez will sleep well for 5-6 hours (close to "sleeping through the night") but after he wakes the first time he'll be up every 45min to an hour after that. So we're getting really poor quality sleep from 3-6am. This is making for a cranky baby and even crankier mommy. I know if he naps well during the day he'll sleep better during the night but we're having trouble getting him to nap in his crib and I don't think he sleeps as soundly in my arms or in his swing. Any suggestions out there for helping little ones nap or sleep better at night? My ears are open...but I'm not a fan of "crying it out"; it may work for some but I don't think it's for us.

I can hardly believe Dez will be 4 months old next week! That 1/3 of a year! He's getting really cute (yes, even cuter than before!). He's starting to find his voice and will sit there testing his vocal range. It looks like he's yelling at his toys. He's laughing so much more too. Counting down the days until we go to Michigan!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had some great advice about sleeping, I too am not a fan of crying it out, my boys could cry all night I think and never fall asleep. My boys got use to Mommy sleeping with them in bed which wasn't too hard to break but probably not recommended by professionals. It was the easiest way to feed and sleep and not wake Daddy. I hope you and Dez figure out the sleeping soon. I know it isn't fun to be lacking in sleep.

    ReplyDelete