Saturday, December 4, 2010

Where did November go?



Once again I am way behind on my blogging. It's tough to keep up when I'm also trying to keep up with the Desmonster! The month of November flew by! We had a nice visit from Auntie Meg (pictures will be posted on the side), and Daddy turned 29! We spent our Thanksgiving with all of our "orphan" friends that don't have any family in town as well. Desmond loved Thanksgiving dinner. I don't think there was a food he tried that he didn't like! He was even a big fan of the turkey (which was nice because it put him into a tryptophan coma for the rest of the night).
Things have been pretty productive around the house. We are making headway on the master bathroom and it might actually be close to finished by Christmas. We at least have a working toilet and are able to use the shower. Drew has been keeping busy with the odd job or two around the house. I think I've managed to get the final Christmas decorations up today. One of my friends said our tree looks like a museum exhibit because it's surrounded by a baby gate. :)
We finally tried out a baby sitter this past weekend that wasn't someone we knew (i.e. friend or relative). A very nice girl who is the daughter of one of Drew's co-workers. Dez really seemed to like her and I hope we are able to use her again.

Dez is really starting to develop a fun personality. He's sweet, shy, boisterous, silly, chatty, content....really he covers it all. He's crawling even faster these days. Some times I even have to run to keep up with him. He's doing a lot of "couch walking" and occasionally he can stand on his own for a few seconds. I think we might end up having an early walker on our hands. But I'm in no hurry!

About 20 days until Christmas and Grandma & Grandpa Mead and Uncles Trevor and Cameron come visit! Can't wait! (Mommy better start cleaning the house now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment