Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting Close!


I can't believe that we only have about a month left before our little man enters the world! Time is flying. Mentally and emotionally I think I'm ready but I haven't quite gotten myself organized beyond that yet. Luckily we do have the necessities for bringing a newborn home but I still feel like my nest is in disarray. I've slowly started spending all the wonderful gift cards from my showers on the bigger odds & ends that we will need soon and I feel like the "holes" are starting to get filled. I did amazingly get most of my thank you cards written and even starting filling out what I could in his baby record book this weekend! I was quite proud of myself since all I wanted to do was park my tush on the couch and watch TV (which I did, but I also managed to write during commercials).
After this week I should start seeing the doctor every week to check any progress and hopefully this little boy won't make us wait past March 4th to meet him. Although I won't be for sure until after my next appointment, I think junior is head down and facing to my left (which I think is the ideal position at this point). I can tell he's getting cramped for space since the movements have become less punchy and more rolling and fluid...like he's practicing Tai Chi instead of kickboxing now.
Well, it will be back to work tomorrow. We had a "snow storm" on Thursday that shut almost everything down for the weekend, which was nice until cabin fever set in and being 9 months pregnant and not allowed to go anywhere by myself made me a little cranky. It looks like it's supposed to get warmer this week so everything should melt pretty fast, at least off the streets. Gotta make sure that route to the hospital is free and clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment